Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Matthew Meets Hot Springs

My Hometown, if you didn't know, is Hot Springs, Arkansas.
When I was in High School, I thought it was the most boring, awful place one could live in.
It seems the older I get, the more and more special and exciting it becomes.
Hot Springs has the Lake, the Horse Races, Magic Springs, great histrocial sites, etc, etc, but most importanly it has my family. Not only my mom and dad but the entire Burroughs (and Hall) clan.....grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
Matthew was finally travel ready and we packed up and went to visit the Hot Springs Family. We had a great time and were able to see *almost* everyone.

Some of the Highlights: 
  
* Friday afternoon being able to chat and spend time with my grandmother, Mama Pat.

Mama Pat is thinking "My Grandchildren never acted like this!"
* Friday afternoon Matthew met a set of his Great-Grandparents (Mama Anna and Papa Calvin) 
Mama Anna and Matthew

Papa Calvin and Matthew
* John Michael took several rides on Papa Calvin's Neat "Toy" (The Golf Cart)


* Saturday, Ben and I took John Michael and our Nephew (Riley) out for a spin on the lake.

* "Dado" pulled Ben and John Michael and then Riley and I tubing! The boys really enjoyed it. (As a side note....becoming a grandfather has realy changed my dad. NEVER would you get me on a tube that my dad was pulling because he would KILL you.....you throw a grand kid on a tube and you can go as slow as possible!)
Pros!

* Ben, My Mother, and I all were able to successfuly ski!

* Bringing Matthew to the Church I grew up in and introducing him to the sweet church members.

* Sunday afternoon Birthday Party for Papa Calvin

* Jennifer, Abby (my Neice), Matthew, and I took an excursion to Little Rock on Monday which included a stop for lunch at PF Chang's!
Our "Twins"
* Blessings and answers to prayers when my grandather (Papa Calvin) fell down an entire flight of stairs on Tuesday Morning and after getting him checked out at the hosptial no broken bones nor head trauma! PRAISE THE LORD!

* Just Hanging Out
How "Dado" is about 90% of the time.....being beat up!


As always, I never felt like I had enough time visiting with everyone....can't wait for our next trip back!



No comments: