Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November

I love love love love love the holiday season!
Thanksgiving and Christmas are by far my favorite Holidays!
Fellowship, days off, and all that food....what more could you ask for!
For the month of November and in spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to blog daily about what I (Allison) am thankful for.
(I'm stealing the idea from Lindsey Kennedy and her blog: http://thekennedytrio.blogspot.com/)
So...without further ado.....

What I Am Thankful For Today (November 2nd):
The Right the Vote

Yesterday I did the mundane (at least in America, right?) task of voting.
In Arkansas, some of the races are hot and even making national news.
As I have "grown up", I see how important voting is.
It is the one time of the year that I truly can make a difference in our real-life issues.
Primarily: Marriage (Sanctity of), Children (the right to life), Taxes, Health care, and on and on

When you think about it, it is a great blessing to have the freedom to have the Choice of who will represent your family in our governmental decisions.

Being the fascinating people we are (he he), Ben and I love election night.
Like Superbowl for politicians....see who wins, loses, and the upsets!

Today I'm thankful for God allowing us to vote (and I hope you did too!).

No comments: