Thursday, September 6, 2012

The End of Maternity Leave

Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading. It is the "Mommy Goes Back to Work Day".

I have absolutely LOVED maternity leave. I have taken in every bit of 11 weeks 4 Days and not taken one day for granted.

I have laughed, cried, grown inpatient, made great memories, been silly, challenged potty training, and loved on the boys.

As with any decision as a family you have to weigh everything and at the time, working is what is best for us.

I am so VERY thankful for the amazing women who help me raise my boys at Central Presbyterian Children's Center. John Michael loves his teacher, Ms. Katelyn, and she is so wonderful with him and he comes home learning things that I am amazed by. Matthew will stay with my mother-in-law for a few days before starting school.  But when he does start class he will have the exact same teacher, Mrs. Shirley, that John Michael did.  (John Michael still loves to visit Mrs. Shirley!)  I know they will be in good hands....just not my hands, and that is what makes it hard.

If you think about it.....say a prayer for me on Friday that I will be at peace and my emotions will be in check!  As I know the boys won't even know I'm not there, but I sure will!

Here is a glimpse of some of the fun we had on my second half of Maternity Leave:

Meeting Matthew's Future Wife, Maci Dickinson
 
Trying out all of Matthew's Toys

Smiling

Swinging
Holding Brother

Cookie Rewards for Being Accident Free
Brotherly Love

"Bed Head"
Talking to Mommy

Library Visits
Just a Rocking

Sneaking Cookies!

Hanging with the Cousins

Finding "New Uses" for Brother's Boppy

Going to Church!
 Who could Forget Naps??

Helping Mom Cook

Boys Not Wanting to Take a Picture!



Matthew Being a Good sport on Outings
 Visiting the Huckabee Nature Center:



What an Awesome Summer we Had!

No comments: