Monday, September 27, 2010

A Weekend of Fun and Heart Break

We had a great weekend with the exception of one heart breaking Football loss.
Friday night, my parents came up and had a great time spoiling John Michael.

John Michael showed off his new toy....no, not his blanket. The door stop. Yep, it is exciting. I promise he has "real" toys!



On Saturday, Ben, John Michael, and I loaded up and headed to Springdale to spend the evening with Jennifer, Jason, and Riley.

John Michael had his first ever "real" babysitter! He seemed to have a great time while we went to the football game.

We meet up with Jenny and Wes and watched an emotionally draining game! We laughed the next day that Jenny & I really didn't get to talk because the boys were sitting in between us talking some major football strategy. After a VERY close game, we ending up losing. Oh it was sad! The saddest game I ever remember! Jenny and Wes packed up and left and Ben just sit there until I told him, ok, we really have to go, the janitors are going to be picking up soon!
We went back to Jennifer and Jason's and had a relaxing evening.
On Sunday, we drove back to Fort Smith and had a wonderful lunch with Ops, Nana, Jenny, Wes, and Aubri. Aubri was wearing the sweetest bow and John Michael was quite obsessed with it....well, wanting to eat it that is! I have to admit, seeing all the cute outfits Bri was changing in and out of, really made me want a little girl (one day, one day far down the road....no one get too excited!).
After lunch, we had a walk through the Carroll's home being built. It is a beauty! I only wished I had gotten pics!

To round up the evening, John Michael caught up on the current events:


Here's to another fun and relaxing weekend in the books!

No comments: