Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend in Hot Springs

Ben, John Michael, and I headed down to Hot Springs on Friday night and here are some highlights from our trip:

* John Michael started REALLY showing out with his army crawl. We think he was just showing out for his Uncle Jason!

* Mom, Riley, John Michael, and I took a trip to the fair to see the animals. Riley's favorite were definitely the pigs! John Michael was wide eyed the entire time!
* A late night trip with Mom, Dad, Jennifer, and I to Dairy Queen. What I learned from that trip: A road trip with the four of us would be very funny & either we would love each other more at the end or someone would be dead. :) It would be cheaper to buy everyone their own gallon of ice cream than to go the Dairy Queen and get a mini blizzard!

* My parents kept John Michael in their bedroom on Saturday night without us. So it was almost like our first overnight babysitters! John Michael made it easy on them and only woke up once at 3:30, but my mom said a pacifier worked its charm! Sadly, when 7 AM rolled around, I was awake and ready to go. Guess my body is never going to let me sleep in again!
* We had a wonderful early 80th Birthday celebration with Mama Pat on Saturday night!

* Now that my brother, Lance, has discovered the game of golf....I should just plan on Ben being MIA on Saturdays!

And on Sunday the three of us packed up and drove back to Fort Smith. Somewhere between Hot Springs and Fort Smith, John Michael grew a tooth! When we arrived in Fort Smith, he officially had his first tooth! It is the bottom center tooth. Sorry no pictures of this....John Michael would not cooperate!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
Psalm 119:18

No comments: