Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thyroid (Part 2)

Most importantly, thank you for everyone who prayed!

My Thyroid Biopsy was not as scary as I had made it out in my head to be! Ben was an awesome husband who went with me and they let him stay with me the entire time. Did it hurt? HECK yes but nothing like child birth! The anxiety really was the worse.
Speaking of one amazing husband....I did good and was really brave.....that is until we reached the car. I was starving, so Ben went through a drive through and while we were waiting on our food, I started feeling bad. I laid back my chair and had the air conditioner on full blast (it was cold outside). After we received the food, Ben started heading home. Within a mile of our house, apparently I passed out and started seizing (normal for me). Ben had never witnessed me passing out and I am SO proud that he safely got us home and made sure I recovered!

We received the results this week......NO CANCER! Hooray! I honestly didn't feel like it would be cancer, but just hearing the words makes you a bit nervous.


My Neck - Can you see the large bump?
 The Bad News: I still have this large (and ever growing) bump on my neck. The "bump" is a nodule and although non-cancerous, is fluid filled in which they were unable to drain it. This means surgery is in my future. Why surgery? This wonderful thing will continue to grow, so it is best to get it out. Also, at any point, it can become cancerous, so if no surgery, I would continue to have to have the biopsy every 6 months.

We will meet with a ENT surgeon this Tuesday to talk it over and decide the time to do it. I am anxious about getting it out as I do feel it internally......it is the same sensation that you have when you get a pill stuck in your throat. With the surgery, it will more than likely mess with my nursing goal of six months. Although not ideal, I have nursed for four months and I keep telling myself Matthew will be fine no matter if he is having mommy's milk or formula! That is why they make formula, right?

I do ask for prayers as we make the decision of the surgery time for peace about nursing as well as just the surgery and the post op (it will require some hospital time).

1 comment:

Friends of Kate said...

Dear God,
Please give Allison and Ben wisdom as they decide on what course of action to take. Please also give them a divine peace, one only You can give, as Allison wrestles with nursing decisions.

We know that Your timing is perfect and that nothing surprise You. We love you Jesus. - Amen