Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Introducing Matthew Paul Carroll

Meet the newest little man of the family.....Matthew Paul Carroll.
Born June 18th, 2012 at 4:28 PM.  Weighing 8 Pounds, 8 Ounces.  21 Inches Long


We are truly and madly in love with him.

Labor and Delivery was SO much better than his big brother's! 

I woke up in labor on the morning of June 18th, being in denial that I was actually in labor.....I got ready for work, had breakfast and was about to get dressed to leave the house. Ben convinced me that maybe we should start timing contractions.....sure enough 5 minutes apart.


We called Ben's Parents and they quickly came and picked up big brother.

We had a regularly scheduled appointment with our doctor at 8:30 AM and afraid I would get stuck in an observation room if I went into Labor and Delivery, we decided to just wait until our appointment. It seemed to help to walk, so Ben and I walked up and down our street (mind you, it is 6:45 in the morning!). I am sure our neighbors were scared I was going to give birth right there on the street!

Ben and I went to our appointment and they quickly got us in, the doctor came in and confirmed it was time to go and we were sent to Labor and Delivery. Within the hour, we were checked in, IV going, and epidural placed (ahhh.....relief!).




We had the sweetest nurse, Candance, who took care of us all day.

With John Michael, I was in constant pain (I am now convinced my epidural truly wasn't placed right), but with Matthew....I was good as gold.
No pain.....just starvation! I was ready to eat.

Ben was taking pictures of me all day.....I told him I needed a picture of what I was having to look at all day.....this was him trying to convince me that the ice chips were really ice cream.......

 Action Shot.......a sweet nurse took pictures for us. I love Ben's Face:

I was checked once and I was still steady at a "5" and then checked again and was quickly a "10"!

I was in a little shock that it was time to meet our little man!
28 minutes of pushing later (I was VERY determined not to push all day), the second cutest little boy entered the world. He instantly won our hearts.

Ben and I then had a decision to make....what were we going to name this child??
We decided on: Matthew Paul. We are very traditional, I know........

Matthew --> One of Jesus' Apostles (along with 'John')
Paul --> My Father's (Randy) middle name. ('Michael' as in John Michael is Ben's Father's middle name)

 
 Daddy  Welcoming Him into the world:

First time I got to hold him; 


First Photo:

 My awesome Doctor:
Our Sweet Nurse:
 I love this picture....this was when Big Brother was able to see his little brother for the first time:
 My Boys:
 First Family Photo:

1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

Yea Carroll family! Congrats and he's quite handsome.

Keep updating your blog. It stinks to be so far away...