John Michael IS 2 Years Old!
Ben and I are in shock how fast it went.
I swear just last week, he was this small:And Just Yesterday, he was this little boy:
Now he is a Little Man!
Some Facts About our Two Year Old:
* He is such a charmer! He knows when he is center stage and puts on a show!
* Speech: Even though he still gets very frustrated when he cannot communicate something effortlessly to you......his speech seems to be improving and changing every day! He imitates what you say (For Example: I yelled 'Ben' tonight from outside--Ben was inside -- and after I yell, I hear JM yell 'Ben!').
* There is something that definitely has not changed.....the boy still LOVES music! He is always clapping, dancing, and singing....sometimes just to his own music! His favorite songs: "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" Theme song, "His Grace is Enough", "Happy and You Know it", and here lately the "Happy Birthday" song. He also loves to make his own music....using anything he can find.....Tupperware seems to be the most fun!
* Favorite Foods: Milk! Blackberries, Strawberries, Chicken Nuggets, Macaroni and Cheese, Ritz Crackers, Yogurt, Infant Cereal, and cookies!
* Craves routine. He loves having a schedule and sticking to it.
* Loves to color!
* John Michael CRAVES his Independence. He wants to crawl into his car seat, walk by himself (with no holding hands), climb up the stairs, Drink from a Big cup.
* Still very much Loves Animals and has absolutely no fear of them.
* John Michael is such a helper! I (Mom) love this age because I can ask him to do something and I am not asked 'Why?' And after he does the task, he is so proud of himself!
* He is definitely "all boy". He loves to run fast, be chased, wrestled with, knock over things, grass stains on the clothes, drive his 4-Wheeler, Throw/Catch Balls.
* Momma's Favorite Time of Day: Right before Bed. The three of us read a book, say our prayers, and then HUGS! He gives the best hugs and kisses (and even kisses his little brother!).
* Dad's Favorite Time of Day: Listening to JM bust out some Veggie Tales praise songs on our drive to school each morning.
* Sleeping: He goes to bed between 7:30 - 7:45 and wakes up around 5:30 (he has never 'grown out' of waking up early!). He moved to a Toddler Bed in December 2011. He really disliked his crib but he loves his Toddler Bed!
John Michael definitely has his own personality and opinion these days.
We love John Michael so much. It is mind-boggling to us that we have another boy on the way.....how can our love grow even more? But I know it will and I know our heart will burst with joy seeing how wonderful John Michael is with his little brother.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for our family throughout his second year. We ask that you continue praying for him and that one day John Michael will understand salvation and ask Jesus to come into his heart!