Friday, December 30, 2011

Baby Carroll #2



If you haven't heard already......we have an announcement.......



We are expecting Baby C #2!




Ben and I are beyond thrilled! John Michael, these days, seems VERY interested in babies (especially his new cousin Abby) so it should be lots of fun!




Finding out we are expecting is a story I will always remember............




I have been suffering from a illness since around August and have been on medication since then. I had called my doctor to get a refill on the medicine and just as a side note asked if I could be "late" due to the medication (I was three days late). She told me that it should not be causing those issues. She told me to take a pregnancy test and to tell the pharmacist if I was pregnant or not because she would call both medications in and whichever I needed to get. I told the doctor "I'm not pregnant." Famous last words!


I went to Harps Pharmacy and bought the cheapest test you can find, went to the bathroom, peed on the stick, and waited the two minutes. I was frustrated at this point.....I mean, really, I was not pregnant. I waited and I only saw 1 Pink Line (Negative). Throw the test back in the bag and in my purse, told the pharmacist it was negative, got the medication and left.



When I got into the car, I just wanted to confirm and looked at the test again......hmmmmm....is that a second line? No way, I'm just making things up in my head. Right?




I had to go to Wal-mart to pick up a toy I ordered that had come in so I decided to go ahead and pickup one of the "expensive" tests.....you know, the type that tells yous "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". I went to the Wal-mart bathroom again and WOW......one minute later, I'm in shock.



I'm pretty sure I RAN out of Wal-mart. I had a zillion emotions running them me (mostly shock! and excitement). I had not told Ben about my adventure because I hadn't wanted to bother him at work for just a "negative" pregnancy test so I was a little worried about telling him. Not worried because he would be upset that we are expecting, but I felt like I had "robbed" him of the opportunity to be there for the test!



I called Ben and asked him if he would shut his office door. By this time, I was crying a little and he was really worried...."Allison, What is going on?!?!"


I then sent him this picture:



Ben was SO excited! I could hear him smiling over the phone!


What is really great......all of this running around was done within my 1 hour lunch break. Let me tell you, not much work was done that afternoon!


I will always have one good story to tell him OR her on their birthday every year!


This is our sweet baby due on June 21st:



2 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay that is one of the most fun "how we found out" stories! I'm so very happy for you! Hope that all is going well!

Friends of Kate said...

Congratulations! I love the story and the picture of the baby on the ultrasound gave me chills! So happy for your family of three to become a family of four!