Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thyroid (The Finale)

November 28th Came and it was time to get this beautiful knot out of my Neck.

Here is a picture of the before (you can see it well in this picture): 
The Surgery was scheduled for 11:30......I FINALLY was rolled back at 1. (Starving)
It was a success! I lost the left side of my thyroid as they took out a a golf ball size knot out of that side. I was able to keep my right side with the hopes that it will overtake the function of the thyroid and I won't have to go onto medication. I'll have to get tested every 6 Months to make sure my Thyroid is functioning, but other than that, the ordeal is over! 

4 Days After Surgery
8 Days After Surgery
  
2 Weeks Post Surgery
I cannot thank my husband, my parents, and my in-laws for their incredible help with the boys. I never had to worry about them....they were very spoiled! 

JM on his Mini Vaca to Hot Springs with Papaw Calvin.
Thank you for all the prayers out in Blog Land!

No comments: