Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Third Trimester Update

It's been awhile....so let me update everyone! (Below is a picture of our growing baby--and belly--for those who have been asking!)

As of today, we are 27 weeks 2 days! That means it is only 12 weeks 5 days to the due date...crazy, huh? (A little stressful for this woman still!) We have a wonderful little man that showed out again yesterday at our appointment....strong and LOUD heartbeat. Always puts a smile on our face!


Some exciting news.....the nursery is slowly coming together!

We have our baby bedding in! And it is all boy and all cute! We received the bumper, comforter, dust ruffle, and crib sheet. We hope to get some of the other pieces after we complete the nursery and see what is still needed! Some pictures of the bedding arriving:












We also have the crib. It is beautiful! Below are pictures of my favorite handy man putting it together:













We also have purchased the paint, and after Thanksgiving we plan on getting that on the walls and ready to go!


On some not so fun news: Yesterday at my doctor's appointment I had my glucose tolerance test. Today the nurse called and I failed the test. What does that mean? It means that after midnight on Sunday night I cannot eat or drink anything. I have to go in at 8 AM and from 8 to noon, I have to get my blood taken on the hour. And cannot eat a thing. I don't know what scares me more.....not eating all morning or getting my blood taken. I ask for prayers for: 1) that I pass this test and that the first was a false positive (meaning no diabetes), 2) that God gives me the strength (and courage!) to make it through the morning, and 3) for Ben....well he is the husband (and father) and I know it is not going to be a fun time for him either! Thank you for all the prayers!!!


We wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We truly feel blessed by our family and friends!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, I can't believe you're already that far along!! You look great! I'll be praying for Monday. Have a great Thanksgiving!!